(This Notice concerns specifically the processing of personal data collected through the website developer.eurobank.gr)
The bank under the name “Eurobank Societé Anonyme” would like to inform you, visitors or users of this website (hereinafter the Website) that the processing of your personal data is governed by the following terms and the relevant provisions of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 as well as the provisions of the relevant Greek and European legislation on personal data protection.
The data controller is “Eurobank SA” (hereinafter Eurobank), 8 Othonos Street, 10557 Athens, Greece, General Commercial Registry No 154558160000.
Data Protection Officer
You may contact the Data Protection Officer for issues regarding the processing of your personal data at the address 6 Siniosoglou Street, 14234, Nea Ionia, Greece or by sending an email at email@example.com.
What personal data does Eurobank collect and from which sources?
- Personal data that we collect directly from you during the filling and submission of the electronic forms available on the Website (indicatively forms for complaints or positive remarks, communication forms etc.) or data collected in case you request to receive our newsletters, financial statements etc. Said personal data may indicatively be: first and last name, father’s name, fix or mobile phone number, e-mail address, customer relationship with Eurobank, status (private client – corporate client) and in general data that you are filling in the form’s free text fields. With regard to the free text fields we would like to urge you not to write data that fall within the special data categories, such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, information on your physical or mental health, biometric data or genetic data, sexual orientation etc. Furthermore you should ensure that the personal data filled in the forms of the Website are correct and accurate and you shall notify Eurobank in case of any amendment or modification of these data. You shall be held solely liable for any damage caused to Eurobank or any third person because of the wrong, inaccurate or insufficient data/information in the Website forms.
- Personal data that are automatically collected through the Website. When you visit or interact with the Website some data such as the following may be automatically collected: the IP address of your computer, the browser and the software you are using, your connection speed and information regarding the software programs installed in your PC, basic connection information with the web server as well as information collected through Cookies
For more information regarding cookies, please read the Cookies Policy.
The personal data collection as described above also includes the data collection from third parties acting on your behalf. Moreover, in case you provide us with personal data of third parties you should have their consent, where necessary, and have referred them to this Notice.
Why does Eurobank collect your data and which are their processing purposes?
Eurobank collects and processes your personal data:
Α. Upon your consent
Said processing serves purposes such as the communication with you provided you have electronically filled the forms available on the Website (forms for complaints or positive remarks, communication forms etc.) or have requested to receive updates and information via newsletters, financial statements etc., as well as your information and/or your participation in advertising/promotional activities, provided that the legal conditions are met.
Β. Eurobank’s compliance with its legal obligations
Said processing indicatively serves the following purposes:
- Eurobank’s compliance with the obligations imposed by the relevant legal, regulatory and supervisory framework in force, as well as with the decisions of any authority (public, supervisory, prosecution etc.) or Court.
- The protection and security of the information systems, the prevention, deterrence and repression of any illegal act.
Said processing (B) also serves the purpose mentioned below (C).
C. Eurobank’s legal interests
Said processing serves purposes such as the upgrading of the provided services, and the protection of Eurobank’s legal rights and interests. Prior to this processing Eurobank ensures that your interests or fundamental rights imposing the protection of your data do not override its interests.
Children’s personal data
Eurobank fully understands the importance of the protection of children’s personal data. This Website is not addressing and is not intentionally designed to address children. Eurobank has no intention of knowingly collecting and maintaining personal data of children who may have access to its Website.
If Eurobank finds out that children’s data have been collected without the consent of the holders of their parental responsibility, where necessary, said data will be immediately erased.
For how long will Eurobank store your personal data?
Your personal data will be stored only for the time necessary for the purposes of their collection and processing. The data are securely erased after their processing unless the legal framework in force foresees the continuance of their retention or in case there are ongoing legal actions with Eurobank that directly or indirectly concern you.
Who are indicatively the recipients of your data?
- Eurobank’s authorised employees and as long as the legal conditions are met, authorised employees of Eurobank’s subsidiaries and other related companies with registered offices in Greece or in other European Union countries within the framework of their activities.
- Entities to which Eurobank entrusts the performance of certain activities on its behalf (acting under their capacity as processors, controllers or joint controllers) such as indicatively but not limited to information systems services or products providers and/or electronic systems and network support providers including online systems and platforms, companies responsible for the storage, retention, filing, management and destruction of files and data, consulting companies, customer satisfaction or market research companies in general, companies for the promotion of services, call centres, lawyers, law firms, notaries, bailiffs, experts etc., provided that security conditions and confidentiality have been met.
- Supervisory, independent, judicial, prosecution, public and/or other authorities or bodies or parties that have been assigned with the control/audit of Eurobank’s activities within the framework of their activities.
Is Eurobank entitled to transfer your data to third countries (outside EEA)?
Eurobank can transfer your personal data to third countries (outside the EEA zone) under the following circumstances:
a) If the Commission decides that the third country, a territory or one or more specified sectors within that third country ensure an adequate level of protection; or
b) If appropriate safeguards have been provided from the recipient, according to the law.
In the absence of the abovementioned circumstances a transfer may take place if:
a) You have explicitly consented to the transfer; or
b) The transfer is necessary for the execution of a contract between you and Eurobank, such as the performance of your orders; or
c) The transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of Eurobank’s legal claims; or
d) Eurobank is obliged by law or an international convention to provide the data; or
e) Eurobank is obliged to comply with regulations regarding the automatic exchange of data within the tax sector, as derived from the international obligations of Greece.
In order to fulfil the objectives of points (d) or (e) Eurobank may transfer your data to the competent national authorities so that the data are delivered to the respective authorities of third countries.
Link to third party websites
Any interconnection between this Website and any other third party website via special links (links, hyperlinks or banners) does not mean that Eurobank accepts any responsibility for the policies applied by those websites regarding the handling and protection of personal data.
You must make sure you are informed about the protection and management of your data by those websites.
What are your rights regarding the protection of your personal data?
You have the following rights:
a) To know the categories of your personal data that Eurobank stores and processes, where they come from, the purposes of their processing, the categories of their recipients, the period of storage as well as your relevant rights (right of access).
b) To demand the rectification and/or to have your incomplete data completed so that they are accurate (right to rectification) by providing supplementary statements that justify the need for rectification or completion.
c) To ask for a restriction of the processing of your personal data (right to restriction of processing).
d) To object to any further processing of your stored personal data (right to object).
e) To obtain the erasure of your personal data from Eurobank’s records (right to erasure).
f) To request the transfer of your data stored by Eurobank to another controller (right to data portability).
Please note the following as regards your rights:
i. Eurobank reserves in any case the right to deny your request for restriction of processing or erasure of your data if their processing or storage is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of the its rights or the fulfilment of its obligations.
ii. The right to data portability (point f) does not include the erasure of your data from Eurobank’s records. The erasure is regulated under point e above.
iii. The exercise of these rights is valid for the future and does not affect previous data processing.
g) To lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority in case you consider that your rights are in any way violated.
How can you exercise your rights?
To exercise your rights you may contact the Group Customer Relations Department in writing at 15 25is Martiou & Teo Streets, 17778 Tavros, Athens, Greece or call EuroPhone Banking on +302109555000, 801 111 1144 (local landline calls only).
Eurobank shall use its best endeavours to address your request within thirty (30) days of its receipt. The abovementioned period may be prolonged for sixty (60) more days, if deemed necessary, according to Eurobank ’s judgment taking into account the complexity of the issue and the number of the requests. Eurobank shall inform you within thirty (30) days of the request’s receipt in any case of prolongation of the abovementioned period.
The abovementioned service is provided by Eurobank free of charge. However, in case the requests manifestly lack of foundation and/or are repeated and excessive, Eurobank may, after informing you, impose a reasonable fee or refuse to address your request(s).
How does Eurobank protect your personal data?
Eurobank takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data, their processing and protection from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, prohibited transmission, dissemination or access and any other form of unlawful processing.
Even though Eurobank shall use its best efforts to protect your personal data it cannot guarantee the safety of the data transmitted through its Website since data transmission through the Internet is not absolutely secure.